- To reinforce the management foundation in the future, Chugoku EPCO is working on overseas power generation projects by effectively using the technical knowledge and experience in overseas business operations that the company has accumulated through operations in Japan and overseas.
- Not only green field project but also brown project are targeted.
- From the perspective of the portfolio, we target various power generation projects such as coal-fired, gas-fired, hydropower and renewable energy (wind power, photovoltaic power etc.).
- Aim to work in countries where stable investment environments have been developed, such as a high possibility of organizing project finance based on long-term power purchase contracts rather than geographical locations.
- Although there is no particular geographical limitation, it is mainly Southeast Asia, and North America and Europe are also targeted.
- Aim for an investment ratio that allows the dispatch of board members for a certain level of involvement in the management.〔but no consolidated subsidiary〕
Case 1. Investment in Coal-fired Power Generation Project in Malaysia
- We participated in coal-fired power generation project in Malaysia in March 2016. We have also dispatched
employees from our company on-site since June of the same year.
We maximize the usage of the accomplishments, experience and environmental technology the company has
accumulated through the construction management and operation of coal-fired power plants in order to provide a stable
supply of electricity in Malaysia and contribute to the realization of a low-carbon society.
TNB (70%), Mitsui (15%), and Chugoku Epco* (15%)
||Construction, operation and maintenance of a power plant
||Ultra super critical (USC) coal-fired power generation 2,000MW (1,000MW ▪ 2 units)
|Start of Operations
||Unit No. 1: June 2019, Unit No. 2: December 2019
|Offtaker and Period
||TNB (Malaysian electric power company) for 25 years
|Total Project Cost
||Approx. 12 billion MYR (Approx. 320 billion JPY)
* through Chugoku Electric Power International Netherlands B.V.("Chugoku International")
Case 2. Investment in Natural Gas-fired Power Generation Project in the US
- We participated in natural gas-fired power generation project in the US in May 2018.
- This case is our first participation in the power generation business in the US.
||Kleen Energy Systems, LLC
||Combined Cycle Gas Turbine (CCGT)
|Start of operations
||Wholesale power market in the northeastern United States
Case 3. Investment in Energy Related Companies in China
- We acquired shares of a power generation related company Gemeng International Energy Co. Ltd ”in China in 2009.
Company profile of Gemeng
People's Republic of China, PRC. Shanxi Province, Taiyuan City
||Gemeng International Energy Co. Ltd
ratio of shareholding
||Shanxi International Energy Group Co. Ltd.
(Shanxi province-owned company) ……47%
||Korea Electric Power Corporation （KEPCO） ……34%
||Deutsche Bank ……1%
Woori Sprott ……8%
J Power ……7%
Chugoku EPCO …3%
|Date of Establishment
||Each of the shareholders pool together their financial management, construction, operational technical knowledge in power generation and energy related field in the company`s investment in domestic and overseas energy related projects (power generation, coal mining etc.)
||10 Billion Yuan（About 160 Billion Yen） 【Based on 2017 March exchange rate】
Subsidiary company of Gemeng （Huaguang Power Pte. Ltd.)
Location of Shanxi Province