- Chugoku EPCO has so far constructed 30 dams (15m or over in height).
Oodomari dam(Gravity dam)
- The height of this dam was 64 m when it was constructed in 1935.
- The dam height was raised by 10.5m in 1959, nearly doubling the effective storage capacity.
- The revolutionary method for raising the dam height received international attention.
Sasanamigawa dam(Arch dam)
- The nation's first thin dome type arch dam which was constructed in 1959.
- This is the first arch dam at Chugoku EPCO.
Onbara dam(Buttress dam)
- This dam, which was completed in 1928, has a rare buttress structure.
- Buttress dams are an unusual type, and there are used at only 2 locations at Chugoku EPCO.
Overview of Dams
|Lenth of top of dam
|Designed flood discharge
|Normal water level